top of page

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Non Immigration

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

After completion of their education from eligible DLIs (Designated Learning Institutions), international students can obtain an open post-graduation work permit to be able to work in Canada for a specific period. This permit helps them get a job and gain valuable experience, which can later help them get a Permanent Residency in Canada through various immigration programs like the Canadian Experience Class, BC PNP, RNIP etc. 

Are you eligible for a PGWP?

Only one PGWP is issued to applicants in their lifetime, and there are some mandatory eligibility requirements to obtain it. 

  • You have graduated from an eligible DLI (Designated Learning Institution)

  • You have maintained a full-time study status in all your academic sessions except for the last academic session or study leaves. 

  • You must have completed your degree, diploma or certificate in a program which was at least eight months in duration.

  • You have received an official letter and transcript from your institution showing that you’ve met all the requirements for the program.

  • You held or hold a valid study permit.


Want to apply for a PGWP, reach us below:

bottom of page